cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted clients from Policy

Sparxxx
Level 2

Hi guys. I have accidentally deleted a lot of clients from a policy and would like to add them back. The problem is I can't remember all of them which belonged to that policy.

Is there a way to see this in a log somewhere? 

thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

restoring from catalog backup would be the better idea..

another way is when you have the policy name.... you need to find it from the reports..

go to Netbackup GUI---> reports --->staus of backups.. > and run the report for all with the time frame of 10-15 days.. ( depends on the frequency of the backups) and run the report

it will list all the backup jobs, filter the report with Policy name --- you can find all the clients try to make backup using the policy with in the time frame that you have used, remove the duplicate entires and use them.

-------------

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Why don't you restore the policy from backup?

The file you are looking for is:

/usr/openv/netbackup/db/class//<policyname>/clients  (Unix)

<install_path>\veritas\netbackup\db\class\<policyname>\clients (Windows)

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Accidently? a lot of clients? LOL!

If you have admin log enabled on the master server you should be able to trace client names.

The restore that revaroo mentioned above can be done if you have a catalog backup.

You can browse the hot catalog backup similar to a normal file system backup using the BAR GUI. Just select the master as source and destination client and select the backup type as Catalog backup.

Sparxxx
Level 2

thanks for your info. 

I can only restore 1 week back and that file also does not contain all the servers. It happened about 10 day ago.

RamNagalla

restoring from catalog backup would be the better idea..

another way is when you have the policy name.... you need to find it from the reports..

go to Netbackup GUI---> reports --->staus of backups.. > and run the report for all with the time frame of 10-15 days.. ( depends on the frequency of the backups) and run the report

it will list all the backup jobs, filter the report with Policy name --- you can find all the clients try to make backup using the policy with in the time frame that you have used, remove the duplicate entires and use them.

-------------

RamNagalla

catalog retenction is only one 1 week? not a good idea.... you need to increase the retenction of it

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

you only have a catalog backup going back one week? Really?

You have no Monthly or yearly backup?

quebek
   VIP    Certified

I would have ran this command

bpimagelist -policy  policy_name_you_deleted_clients_from -hoursago 2400 -l |grep ^IMAGE |awk '{print $2}' |sort -u

This should give you back the client's names which were backed up by this policy in last 2400 hours...

Then you can run this

bpplclients policy_name_you_deleted_clients_from -noheader |awk '{print $3}'

so you will have two lists: what clients were in last 2400 hours and whare are right now... so you should be set.

Sparxxx
Level 2

thanks guys. I have restored the clients using the solution suggested by Nagalla.

Thanks again!

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

A twist on Nagellas idea:

bperror -l -backstat -s info -X -d 1379077131 -e 1381755552 -M <masterhostname> | awk '/POLICY <policyname>/ {print $12}' | sort -u