cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting specific stored images from backup tapes

PNabski1
Level 3

Good Morning,

We have tapes that have been used for a shared backup environment and a tape can contain backup images from several customers. Is it possible to delete selected images for one customer from the tapes ?

Kind Regards

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you can delete specific backup images for netbackup catalog using GUI -> catalog or cli -> bpexpdate.
No, you can not delete specific the backups from the tape unless you delete (label) the tape.

If you need to delete the backups from the tape, I suggest to duplicate the backups you want to keep to another tape and then label the tape

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you can delete specific backup images for netbackup catalog using GUI -> catalog or cli -> bpexpdate.
No, you can not delete specific the backups from the tape unless you delete (label) the tape.

If you need to delete the backups from the tape, I suggest to duplicate the backups you want to keep to another tape and then label the tape

Many Thanks StephanosM... I have posed similar questions previously but your answer confirms the actions required to achieve deletion properly if a customer requires their images deleted from a shared tape.