Status code 213 falls into six main categories:
1. Prior to NetBackup 4.5 FP3 it was mandatory the master and media servers be at the same
NetBackup version/patch level. For these versions, the cause of a status code 213 is the media
server not being the same version as the master.
2. Storage unit(s) incorrectly configured.
3. Policy has storage unit set to “any available” and drives are down.
4. The bpcd process is not listening.
5. There is a hostname or IP resolution issue and the master server cannot communicate with the
media server, or vice-versa.
6. Within an SSO environment, drives are over-committed
Message Edited by Bob Stump on 08-08-200711:04 PM
This error occurs when the NetBackup scheduler process (bpsched) cannot find the specified
Storage Units available for use. The policy or schedule for the backup requires a specific Storage
Unit, which is currently unavailable. This error also occurs for other attempts to use the Storage
Unit within the current backup session. The first priority should be to determine which Media
Server and Storage Unit is writing the backup that fails with the Status 219.
Message Edited by Bob Stump on 08-08-200711:06 PM