cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between status code 213 and 219

Sreekanth_Adari
Level 4
Hi everybody,

There is difference between status code 213 and 219 , can any one brief me on the differenceSmiley Happy
7 REPLIES 7

Stumpr2
Level 6
In-depth Troubleshooting Guide for Exit Status Code 213 in NetBackup Server (tm) / NetBackup Enterprise Server (tm) 5.0 / 5.1

Status code 213 falls into six main categories:

1. Prior to NetBackup 4.5 FP3 it was mandatory the master and media servers be at the same

NetBackup version/patch level. For these versions, the cause of a status code 213 is the media

server not being the same version as the master.

2. Storage unit(s) incorrectly configured.

3. Policy has storage unit set to “any available” and drives are down.

4. The bpcd process is not listening.

5. There is a hostname or IP resolution issue and the master server cannot communicate with the

media server, or vice-versa.

6. Within an SSO environment, drives are over-committed

Message Edited by Bob Stump on 08-08-200711:04 PM

Stumpr2
Level 6
In-depth Troubleshooting Guide for Exit Status Code 219 in NetBackup Server (tm) / NetBackup Enterprise Server (tm) 5.0 / 5.1

This error occurs when the NetBackup scheduler process (bpsched) cannot find the specified

Storage Units available for use. The policy or schedule for the backup requires a specific Storage

Unit, which is currently unavailable. This error also occurs for other attempts to use the Storage

Unit within the current backup session. The first priority should be to determine which Media

Server and Storage Unit is writing the backup that fails with the Status 219.

Message Edited by Bob Stump on 08-08-200711:06 PM

Sreekanth_Adari
Level 4
Hi Bob

I am really thankful for  your message regarding errors 213 and 219, I found your 6 points for the cause of error 213 is usefull to me ,But in your second message regarding 219 may be you had explained again about Status code 213  ie bpsched did not find storage units avail...... .

Thankyou

With regards
-Sreekanth

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
Maybe you need to read up about Storage Units in the manuals for your specific O/S and NetBackup versions.  They can be found here:

Sreekanth_Adari
Level 4
I am sorry to miss understand you Bob.

I got it.

Thank you.

Sree......

Stumpr2
Level 6

I am surprised to see a response to a post that is over 2 years old. But thank you and you are welcome.

Will_Restore
Level 6
 :)