cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Space Differences Between Replicating MSDP Pools

SteepGreen
Level 0

Hi All,

We have a netbackup MSDP pool which replicates all our 28 day retention daily backups using SLP.  The destination is another disk pool of identical spec.  This config has been in place a couple of years now, and I've not seen this particular issue before.  The free space on our offisite disk pool is around 4.5TB less than our main onsite one, and I can't work out why.   We are working to close margins in terms of disk space, so this is placing it close to not working. 

The offsite disk pool and associated netbackup domain (if that is the right term for it) does perform some backups directly, and these then replicated back to our main site.  A reverse, but these are small backups for a few VMs that live in the same physcial location.

I have peformed a treesize and the size difference is found in the MDSP\data directory.  The offsite is using 48,885,138 MB, and the onsite is using 44,157,276 MB.  I'm presuming this is where the bulk of backup data is stored.

I have found these errors in the logs for multiple images which started at the end of May, I don't know if they are relevant and the only info I can find tells me to remove images into a temp directory:

6-Jun-2016 12:51:26 {NBServername}  Warning 0 General Invalid  entry found in image file C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\db\images\{servername}\tmp\{servername}_1466075747.im: XBSA_IMAGE_NAME

I've checked the catalog of stuck images, done manual image cleanups but the size difference remains.  I'm not really sure where to look next.  So any ideas would be very welcome. I would say that backups and replications are working normally beyond this issue.

Thanks All.

1 REPLY 1

A_K1
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi SteepGreen

I had a case open for that message. It's not fixed right now. I'll take a new attempt to open a new case for that.

Everything seems to be working. We can read and restore those images. We use AIR for that.

Maybe you like to open also an case to address this issue.