cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Staging Schedule settings do not save: 7.5.0.5; Windows Server 2008R2

fisherits
Level 2

Hi All,

I am configuring NetBackup 7.5.0.5 for Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2.  I have one master and one media server.  When trying to configure a disk staging schedule for a storage unit, the settings do not save properly.  For example, if I go back into the storage unit properties and click on staging schedule, then the final destination volume pool will be reset to the default of NetBackup and the Start Window on the schedule will be completely deleted.  Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
As you are using 2008 are you running the console using "Run As Administrator"? It doesn't tend to do much that you want if you don't Also make sure you are a local admin on the server that console is running from. Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
As you are using 2008 are you running the console using "Run As Administrator"? It doesn't tend to do much that you want if you don't Also make sure you are a local admin on the server that console is running from. Hope this helps

fisherits
Level 2

Running it as administrator actually made the settings that I had tried to set show up properly.

It's the oddest thing, I configured all the settings (policies, storage, volumes, etc.) without running it as administrator, and everything worked fine.  The only thing I had trouble with was the staging schedule, and even there it would let me configure it--it just wouldn't show the settings if I went back into it.

Thanks for the help; I'm glad it was something simple.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Great - dont forget if you issue is resolved to close the thread using the "Mark as solution" option as this helps others searching in relation to a similar issue on the future Thanks