cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to change hcart for tape LTO4 when I have library robotics has drive LTO5?

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Do I need to change  hcart for  tape LTO4  when I have library robotics has drive LTO5?

23 REPLIES 23

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

"Only LTO4 tapes without barcode"

"I'm also using a barcode rule as hcart3"

Barcode rules are not applicable to non-barcoded media.

If your library has a barcode reader, PLEASE get some barcodes before you start using the tapes...

You will agree that your initial question has been answered, right? If you agree, please select the reply that helped you most and Mark as Solution.

You other issues (compatibility and down drives) should be addressed in a new thread.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi

final note here:

You only have one sort of tape, LTO4, and one type of drive, LTO5.

So all you need to do is ensure that all of your tapes have the same denisity as the drives.

Your tapes are hcart2 so you need to make sure the drives and storage units are also hcart2.

And i agree with Marianne - you really should have barcodes on yoru tapes, otherwise you bar code rules wont do anything anyway?

Also agree with Marianne that you need to mark a solution now and open a new thread for the 96 erro if you want to.

Hope we have all helped

Paulo_Mendez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Now I can write an LTO4 with a tape drive LTO5 tape,  changing hcart2 to hcart, made ​​several backup and restore ,but then let down the drive 1 and then the drive 2, losing the connection device manager level OS, thanks for the support

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please select the post that answered your original question and mark that as solution. (not your own!)