cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to create the Boot CD for each restore?

Sean_-
Level 5
Partner

Hi,

Do I need to create the Boot CD for each restore?

Once I execute the "Prepare-To-Restore", do I need to create particular Boot CD for that client? or I could use a generic Boot CD ?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

mandar_khanolka
Level 6
Employee

You do not need to create boot cd for each time to restore the client or instead family of that client.

For example, once you create solaris sparc 10 bmr srt iso media, you can use that to restore all the bmr protected clients running with solaris sparc 10 os.

In case of windows, if you do prepare to restore on a srt for particular client and then burn iso/cd out of that srt. Then if you boot the client via this media then restore will go automatically as PTR will already tune the SRT for that client.

But executing PTR is not necessary. You need to do that only if you wants to insert client custom drivers into the SRT.

Otherwise you can boot via generic srt, select required client config from the dropdown and start restore in bmr restore env.

Thanks.

-Mandar

Sean_-
Level 5
Partner

Hi Mandar,

Thank you for the reply. Prepare-To-Restore (PTR) is only required for creating customized SRT (which include custom drivers) for particular client ? Dissimilar System Restore (DSR) will require PTR ? If the clients having the same hardware, then I could just use the generic Boot CD ?

Could I able to restore back the FC HBA drivers (i.e. Qlogic) ? Is FC HBA driver considered as Mass Storage Device (MSD) driver?

Could I create the SRT then only backup the clients ?

Thanks.