cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to restart NBU services on each media servers after adding new licenses has been made on the media servers?

-The_GodFather-
Level 4
Partner
Do I need to restart the NBU services on each Media Servers after additional licenses have been made? I have restarted the nbu services on the master server after adding new licenses but what about on the media servers??

Master Server is Windows  2003 x64 Platform
Media Servers are all Unix based Platforms

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Adding/deleting/upgrading licenses could/will essentially change what your installation is capable of, so it's better to be safe....

The Admin Guide for 6.5 (UNIX) is a bit confusing in that, whether talking about adding or deleting licenses, it gives the following warning:
"Note: Restart all the NetBackup utilities (including NetBackup-Java Administration Console) after deleting the license keys."

Whereas, the same section in the Admin Guide for 6.5 (Windows) has no mention of restarting services!

Further, there are TechNotes that state if the licenses were added/deleted via the Admin Console then only the Admin Console needs restarting!

So unless it can be clarified to the contrary, & to be safe, I would.

You could of course go the opposite way & not restart services & see if things worked as expected!

-The_GodFather-
Level 4
Partner
Thanks Andy!

MOHAMED_PATEL
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
I'd agee with Andy - restart the media servers to be safe -