cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMM Status: No drives are available

franchev
Level 3

Hello,

We used to have an Lto4 drive. It broke, so we replaced it with an Lto5 drive. My understanding was that Lto5 should be able to read/write to lto4 tapes. I tried to do a restore from an Lto4 tape, but the I got this error: status: 800, EMM status: No drives are available. All my duplicate to tape are failing with this error: NBU status: 800, EMM status: The robotic library is not defined in EMM. I have a catalog to tape policy, when I try to run it, I get the error: NBU status: 96, EMM status: No media is available.

I've done an inventory for the robot, all the media in there right now are ltop4 with a density set to HCART. The drive itself has a density of HCART2. How do I get this to work with my old tapes? In the future, we could start using Lto5 tapes to backup, but I have a lot of old tapes with data on them that I sometimes need to restore from.

Any ideas,

Thanks a bunch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You configure the tape drive as HCART and everything will work.

The density is just a label - it has not any influence on performance or capacity.

Netbackup uses the density to ensure apple tapes matches apples tape drives. Because apple tapes does not fit Orange tape drive - if you see the logic :)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You configure the tape drive as HCART and everything will work.

The density is just a label - it has not any influence on performance or capacity.

Netbackup uses the density to ensure apple tapes matches apples tape drives. Because apple tapes does not fit Orange tape drive - if you see the logic :)

franchev
Level 3

Thank you Nicolai,

It's working now that I've changed the drive to HCART. But I tell you yesterday, I recalled doing that same step, however I was getting all kind of error from the robot. I can't remember if I had done anything else then. 

Thanks a bunch