cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EV 8 - NetBackup 6.5.4 Agent

Paterson
Level 4
Hi,
We recently purchased one Enterprise Vault NetBackup agent.  We will be switching our backup procedure over to using the EV agent shortly.  Do I need an additional EV agent license for the SQL box? On the SQL box I have the NetBackup SQL agent.

3 boxes total

Windows 2008 SP1 x64 - Enterprise Vault SP2 (soon SP3)
Windows 2008 SP1 x64 - Discovery Accelerator SP2 (soon SP3)
Windows 2003 SP2 x86 - SQL 2005 SP3

As of yet we are not using our DA box so we didn't purchase an EV agent for that server.

Thanks
Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
You might want to double-check with your Symantec reseller or Customer Care, but my interpretation of license requirements is as follows:
One NetBackup Application and Database Pack license for the EV server and one one NetBackup Application and Database Pack license for the SQL server. Application and Databases are licensed per database and system.
The license keys are added on the Master server to enable the Agent policy types.
The NetBackup Application and Database Pack includes the following:
• Oracle
• Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint Portal, Microsoft Active Directory
• IBM DB2, IBM Lotus Notes
• Informix
• Sybase
• Symantec Enterprise Vault

The NBU for EV Guide also contains installation and licensing info.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
This is going to be a NBU question, but I don't think so.  I am posting this in the NBU forum for you.

Regards,
Tony

Marianne
Level 6
You might want to double-check with your Symantec reseller or Customer Care, but my interpretation of license requirements is as follows:
One NetBackup Application and Database Pack license for the EV server and one one NetBackup Application and Database Pack license for the SQL server. Application and Databases are licensed per database and system.
The license keys are added on the Master server to enable the Agent policy types.
The NetBackup Application and Database Pack includes the following:
• Oracle
• Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SharePoint Portal, Microsoft Active Directory
• IBM DB2, IBM Lotus Notes
• Informix
• Sybase
• Symantec Enterprise Vault

The NBU for EV Guide also contains installation and licensing info.

Hope this helps!

Paterson
Level 4
 Thank you.