cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error from Master Server allocation failed

Patience
Level 3
I am trying to run a report for the images on the tape. I am running Veritas Netbackup 6.0 MP4 on Windows 2003 Standard Edition.

I go to Reports and select Images on Media. I choose the media ID: and click on run report.

It keeps giving me this message:

Error from Master Server allocation failed. These tapes are in the Volume Pool and can be seen from the Media selection. They do not expire until 2013 and 2014. Mainly 2013.

When I import the tapes, they say that the importing is successful, but when I run the report for images on media. There is nothing. Just the error message I above.

Do you have any idea of what this could be? Have the tapes gone bad or there are no images on the tapes?

Again I can see the tapes in Media and there Volume Pools.
3 REPLIES 3

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
you say you imported the tapes.

did you only do 1 step or did you do BOTH steps?

Patience
Level 3
On part II of the import, I get error message: INF - unexpected return value from db_IMAGEreceive: allocation failed 10.

Question:

If you can see the tapes in its Volume Pool and the Media and the tape has not expired. I shouldn't have to import the tape or image? I should just have to select Images on Media and if there is an image it should show up, is this correct?

Enoch_Chum
Level 4
If you go look at both tapes, what does it list for valid images? If valid images = 0, you'll have to import the images then.