Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing Netbackup 6.0 to SUSE

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Good Day,

I was trying to install Veritas Netbackup 6.0 to Suse Linux. Upon logging-in at Netbackup administration console, I received an error "unable to login Status 525, cannot connect to the NVjava replication service via Vnetd on linux site port 13724".

I already tried disabling the firewall of Suse server, but still I was unable to log-in.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you in advance
5 REPLIES 5

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Is xinetd working on your SUSE?
I'm not SUSE user, so I don't know how nbjava works on SUSE exactly. But I know that nbjava on other platforms(Solaris, RHEL) connect server thru inetd.
Check it for try.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Sorry, I'm a bit confused.
If your problem is of vnetd connectivity, there may be something wrong around xinetd.
Or if of internal execution, strace to xinetd will help you to identify problem.

Adonis_Manansal
Level 6
Thank you for your reply.

I already fix the problem. For reference, I downloaded NB_CLT_60_0s0007_m_279657.tar from symantec website. Then install to my SUSE server. I also enabled smbclient.

I can now login to the administration console...

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Thank you for your feed back.

Rammy_Deol
Not applicable
Hello Mr. Can you help me how you fixed your problem? I am getting almost similar error message. "Unable to login, status:525. Can not connect to the NB-Java authentication service via VNETD on SUSE_server_name on port 13724." Please give step by step description.