Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 mailbox restore failed with status code 5

MohdAlim
Level 5
Partner
Hi

I am trying to restore some mails but am getting status code 5 during the restore with the following error:

unable to create object for restore: Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes:\Chau Ngoc Vo [ngocvo.chau]\Top of Information Store\Inbox\FW: Unauthorized Programs and Internet Access <00000000277C0994EEF3EE448438AFBF47A7CEDA07002B0D834631DB0F49A44422259FCC3664000000002C720000DF1DECE5A4EE974DBAFD730AA575D1530000000A080F0000> (BEDS 0xE0008488: Access is denied.)

I am restoring everything back to its orginal location. Has anyone encountered this before?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MohdAlim
Level 5
Partner

I tried restoring a different mailbox, and it's working. Possible that the earlier mailbox corrupted?

Anyway, thanks everyone for the advise.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

varunprakash
Level 5

Which version of NBU are you using? are you trying for induvidual mailbox restore or storage group restore?

NetB_User
Level 4
Certified
Did you create a Recovery Storage Group?

MohdAlim
Level 5
Partner
I am using version 7.0. I am trying to restore individual mailbox. I did not create any RSG. Basically, from the Backup & Recovery GUI, I browse the mailbox for a particular user, select the mails from the Inbox and perform a restore.

varunprakash
Level 5
Can you paste the logs from /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/root/logs

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please double-check the NetBackup Client Service logon account. Rights assigned to this user might have correct read permissions to do the backup, but not the neccessary write permissions to perform the restore.

Permissions required:
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/245184.htm

Please ensure that you have a tar log directory on the Exchange server.

NBU_TSE
Level 4
Employee
(BEDS 0xE0008488: Access is denied.) The error is most likely a permissions issue so make sure you are logging into the Exchange Server with the Exchange Admin user if you are running this from the Client BAR Gui. If you are running from the Master Server, make sure the NetBackup Client Service is using the Exchange Admin account as the logon account for that service, like Marianne has detailed.

To perform restore, the account needs to have both send as and receive as permissions

MohdAlim
Level 5
Partner

I tried restoring a different mailbox, and it's working. Possible that the earlier mailbox corrupted?

MohdAlim
Level 5
Partner