cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 backup

abidghori
Level 3

Dear all,

we have implemented Netbackup 7 for our environment with Veritas cluster, we are taking backup separetely for Exchange Database and Mailbox but we have issues that backups will be queue for long time and gets failed and Netbackup unable to write, it showing begin writing and hang there.

Now the guys who implement wants to implement GRT for exchange, but i feel for GRT we need to have diskspace as well whenever we want to restore we have to mount on recovery storage group and we need to have temp location for logs and mounting from disk to Recovery storage group takes time also and top of that i need to give permission to junior admins on exchange if we go for this procedure, whereas in the database and separate mailbox backup admin can log to backup server and start the wizart for restore and they dont need to login to exchange.

some of the issues i have

1. whenever exchange Cluster moving from node1 to node2, backups are not working although there is no issue with exchange mails or anything(note we have two node CCR)

2. whenever the veritas cluster is moving from node1 to node2 the cluster services and SG group is not starting automatically and showing offline.

3.is it very difficult to implement Access Management, our implementor try to implement access management and he coulndt and even symantec support ask 4 weeks to test this on their test environment.

Please suggest me some of the best practices and is there any guideline or list for auditing the netbackup installation.

Best REgards

2 REPLIES 2

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

What version of exchange are you trying to back up?

abidghori
Level 3

exchange 2007 two nodes CCR cluster