cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2007 "Redirect to Recovery Storage Group" Option is grayed out

gfisher99
Level 3

Good evening..

We are about to migrate to Exchange 2007.  I have all of the infrastucture in place and the system is running fine.  Just trying to get backups and restores documented and certified before we move forward.

My setup:

Windows 2008 x64 SP1
Exchange 2007 SP1 Rollup 7 CCR Cluster
NetBackup 6.5.2 Client on Exchange Server
NetBackup 6.5.3 Master Server

I am able to back up the server with no issues.  Everything looks good and happy.

When I try to do a test restore, in the Exchange Tab of the Restore Options, the "Redirect to Recovery Storage Group (RSG) (Only for Exchange 2007)" check box is grayed out. 

Before starting the NetBackup Client on the Exchange Server, I successfully created the recovery storage group and linked it to the Info Store I am trying to restore. 

When I go to run the restore, I get the following errors:

ERR - unable to create object for restore: Microsoft Information Store:\Recovery Storage Group\SG20MB1 (BEDS 0x2000FE1B: FS_NO_MORE_DLE)
ERR - unable to create object for restore: Microsoft Information Store:\Recovery Storage Group\Log files_1242161636 (BEDS 0x2000FE1B: FS_NO_MORE_DLE)

I beleive the main problem is that the RSG option is grayed out.  I am trying to manually redirect to the RSG via the redirection option and manually typing in "Recovery Storage Group"

I have googled myself into oblivion over this, so I am hoping you experts can help.

Thanks,
Greg

4 REPLIES 4

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
Don't use the BAR on the Exchange server.

Use the BAR from your console ( where ever it is you run it from).

bottlez
Not applicable
The reason for the "Redirect to Recovery Storage Group (RSG) (Only for Exchange 2007) " option is greyed out is the backup image selected does not contain a snapshot.
To restore to RSG without a snapshot image, select General tab and use 2nd radio button to redirect image into "Microsoft Information Store:\<RSG name>"
Enable snapshots on the backup and apparently it will work, but not for me anyway!
Symantec also say that they dont recommend using it either!!!!!

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
instead on the General tab ( as bottlez says)
uset the Restore Everything to a different location

then change
Microsoft Information Store:\Storage Group 2\

to
Microsoft Information Store:\Recovery Storage Group\

gilbert08
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Hi, you have to add database on the rsg, where the storage for rsg is its physical location.t
then you can now restore on dtabase.Just simply use your BAR console.

thanks

gilbert fajardo