cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange GRT backup ...

vinods
Level 5
Partner

We have exchange 2003 sp2 on Windows 2003 Ent sp2 with cluster and For NBU 7.0 with Exchange  GRT backup we need as per compatibilty list Windows 2003 R2 .

While we upgrade O.S. from SP2 to R2 getting any effect cluster and exchange ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

"While we upgrade O.S. from SP2 to R2 getting any effect cluster and exchange ?"

Do you want to know if the upgrade will cause downtime or affect functionality on MS Cluster and/or Exchange?

I honestly don't believe that this question should be answered on a NetBackup forum, but rather on a Microsoft forum... Or maybe a quick phonecall to your local Microsoft Support office.

R2, Cluster and Exchange are all Microsoft products.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

"While we upgrade O.S. from SP2 to R2 getting any effect cluster and exchange ?"

Do you want to know if the upgrade will cause downtime or affect functionality on MS Cluster and/or Exchange?

I honestly don't believe that this question should be answered on a NetBackup forum, but rather on a Microsoft forum... Or maybe a quick phonecall to your local Microsoft Support office.

R2, Cluster and Exchange are all Microsoft products.

MOHAMED_PATEL
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

From a Netbackup perspective, please check requirements that are relevant to your environment.

Requirements to perform backups and restores with Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) 

Pg.32 - Installing and Configuring NFS for Exchange Granular Recovery.

It has hot fixes which are required to be installed for GRT to operate correctly.

...and also a small howto...

vinods
Level 5
Partner

I agree we have already log a case with microsoft .

But why we posted this query netbackup forum i throught  any one doing same activity .

Thanks maria , mohamed