Amaan
Level 6

ENV:

Master: NBU 7.0.1 OS Win2008 R2

Media: same as master

Client: NBU 7.0.1 OS HP-UX

Backup selection: ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES, follow nfs selected

exclude_list contains: /* and .snapshot

Include_list contains some nfs file systems.

When backup starts it keeps doing backup of .snapshot. i found TN which says that .snapshot should exclude it from backup. but this is not working. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Are the .snapshot areas in those nfs mounts - I'm presuming they are, so your include list will result in them being backed up.

It looks like you're excluding everything with /* & then including the nfs filesystems - why not just have the nfs file systems as your backup selections & then an exclude_list of .snapshot (no include_list)?

I presume you're trying to set up a generic policy here for more than one client where the nfs mount may be different in each case - sometimes it's just not possible to cater for all alternatives.

Can you confirm that you do need to see the .snapshot area in the filesystem (for reasons other than NetBackup)? I know with NetApp filers that there is an option not to display it when you configure snapshots:

Snapshot Directory Visible:
Select to make the .snapshot directory visible.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please ensure that bpbkar log folder exists on HP-UX client.

bpbkar log will tell us how exclude_list is evaluated and applied.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Are the .snapshot areas in those nfs mounts - I'm presuming they are, so your include list will result in them being backed up.

It looks like you're excluding everything with /* & then including the nfs filesystems - why not just have the nfs file systems as your backup selections & then an exclude_list of .snapshot (no include_list)?

I presume you're trying to set up a generic policy here for more than one client where the nfs mount may be different in each case - sometimes it's just not possible to cater for all alternatives.

Can you confirm that you do need to see the .snapshot area in the filesystem (for reasons other than NetBackup)? I know with NetApp filers that there is an option not to display it when you configure snapshots:

Snapshot Directory Visible:
Select to make the .snapshot directory visible.

Amaan
Level 6

I found out my mistake after reading Andy`s comments. As include_list overrides exclude_list .snapshot exclusion was getting ignored by the file systems which were in include_list. and those file systems had a snapshots. Thanks for your help, my issue has been resolved.