cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLC953 EMM database error (196)

Joe1967
Not applicable

I believe this is the same issue, when trying to run backups, I keep getting an 84. I tried to freeze the tape because I thought that it was a bad tape. When I tried to freeze the tape I get the error FLC953 EMM database error (196)  I have actually tried suspending this tape and a couple of others and I get the same error. I am using Netbackup 6.5.6 on windows 2003 OS. Up until this time I have never had a problem that wasn't related to hardware. I believe that I am getting the 84's because something is not right with netbackup database. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, the only other thing I can think of is reinstalling eveyrthing but I would prefer not to have to do that if I can.

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please show us the command you are using along with the output, as well as output of this command:

nbemmcmd -listmedia -mediaid <media-id>

Also show us all text in Job Details of status 84 job. There are various reasons for status 84 - most of them explained in this In-depth Troubleshooting TN: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH43243

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

reinstalling everything is not a  good idea..

along with the above outputs, please show us the output of failed job detail status

bptm log

and /usr/openv/netbackup/db/media/errors  file.