cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to upgrade media server from 6.5 to 6.5.6

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi, my master server is NBU 7.0.1 on Windows 2008 R2. I have one legacy server which is Windows 2000 SP4. I want to use it as media server. I installed NBU 6.5 media server software on the server. But when I tried to upgrade it to 6.5.6, it failed to upgrade. I got an error which said "monitoringhost.exe" must be shutdown. When I tried to shutdown this process, it gave another message which said the process cannot be shutdown.

Does anyone have any idea about this? Are there any patch requirements for windows 2000 sp4 to install NBU 6.5.6? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

vinods
Level 5
Partner

First check the O.S.compatibilty list whether Windows 2000 SP4 is supported or not for NBU media server.

liuyang
Level 6
Partner Accredited

According to NBU 6.x OS compatiblity list, NBU media server 6.x on windows 2000 is supported.

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Your O/S is supported on versions 6.0 and 6.5.

First check what Monitorhost.exe is. Find out what its doing on your system and evaluate it use.

Once you know its safe / acceptable to stop it.

Stop or disable the service, then run the upgrade again. If its not a service, check task manager and see if its running, kill it, then do the upgrade.