cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full VM restore of guest to alternatre location.

Dsss
Level 3

Hello,

I am having a problem with restoring a Full vm guest with 7.5.06 version of netbackup.

I am trying to restore to an alternate location (ESX server). However when clicking on the change button to select a alternate esx server.

Which should display a list of esx servers to choose from from our vsphere server.

I get a searching prompt for approximately 30 seconds and an error box containing "premature end of input: error on line 1: premature endof input."

We also have a seperate site which uses our vspere server and has no problem getting a list of esx servers to select an alternate.

We are using netbackup 7.5.06 on solaris 10.  Everything else seems to function for vmware just fine.  I can even restore a granular restore of individual files.

Restore virtual machine backups ---> Restore --> Alternate location --> ESX SERVER --> Change (button).

After about 30 of what seems like it trying to build a list of esx servers.

An error box pops up with "premature end of input: error on line 1: premature end of input"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

does this work around worked to you?

if yes, 

you need to call Symatec to get the EEB for java console..if they have any...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RamNagalla

what is the console you are using...? are you using java console?

if yes try using the admin console ( backup archive resore window) from windows server and see how it works

Dsss
Level 3

Yes we are are using the java console.  We are running Solaris so I fired up the master console and tried from there and it Worked!

So if there a fix for the java console?  Most of our operators and World wide use the java console.

Thanks for that work around though.

RamNagalla

does this work around worked to you?

if yes, 

you need to call Symatec to get the EEB for java console..if they have any...

Dsss
Level 3

Yes the work around works fine.  The JnbSA works  ust not the java console.

RamNagalla

good.. then raise a symatec call for java console EEB.

i had the same issue few Months ago...

Dsss
Level 3

Thank you very much for all your help.  I will look into that.

Regards