cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCART 4

Anthony_Chung
Level 3
Hi

Just want to know if Netbackup 6.0 MP5 connected to a LTO4 Tape Drive is able to detect a LTO4 Tape as HCART4.  From the config in Netbackup it looks like HCART3 is the highest I am able to set my LTO4 Tapes to.

Thanks.

Anthony C.
3 REPLIES 3

Stumpr2
Level 6

Anthony.Chung wrote:
Hi
Just want to know if Netbackup 6.0 MP5 connected to a LTO4 Tape Drive is able to detect a LTO4 Tape as HCART4.  From the config in Netbackup it looks like HCART3 is the highest I am able to set my LTO4 Tapes to.
Thanks.
Anthony C.

hcart hcart2 hcart3 are only logical tags and can be applied to any type of 1/2 inch cartridge. There is not a direct corrolation between them.

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6
I have LTO4 drives too, but I have HCART for may tapes.
that give me grow room for latter if we go higher.
Like Stumper said, they are just tags, the tag on your drive/storage unit has to match the tag on your tape.

Rakesh_Khandelw
Level 6
There is no HCART 4 setting in NetBackup. You can assign any of the hcart 1-3 for LTO-4 tape drives. If you have mixed environment (multiple generation of LTO), you may want to identify each with different hcart number. Also, please make sure you have latest device mapping.

Veritas NetBackup (tm) Server / Enterprise Server 6.0 and 6.5 Device Mappings Package for UNIX / Linux 1.66.8.2

Veritas NetBackup (tm) Server / Enterprise Server 6.0 and 6.5 Device Mappings Package for Windows Servers 1.66.8.2