cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Expired images remaining on disk

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified
I have backups that expire out of the catalog; however, the images are still left on disk. Has anybody seen this before? Can somebody also point me to which logs I should be looking at for troubleshooting?

When I run bpexpdate -deassignempty I'm getting an exit status = 47. I've forgotten how to turn up the verbosity on this command.

Thanks,Message was edited by:
Nathan Kippen
7 REPLIES 7

Stumpr2
Level 6
disk storage or disk staging?

I know there is a MP for vault concerning this.
what version of NB?Message was edited by:
Bob Stump

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified
disk storage ..

using NetBackup 5.1MP4

I figured out my bpexpdate problem... I had imported tapes a while back that were in a different enviornment. (different media servers.)

My images remaining on the disk still remain a problem though.

Bob,

I might have been misinformed, it appears that my images still show up in the images on media report but not in the catalog, verify report. Is this normal? In the images on media report it still shows them as being passed their expiration, ... will they automatically delete if the disk fills up?

Message was edited by:
Nathan KippenMessage was edited by:
Nathan Kippen

eric_lilleness
Level 4
I has this problem a couple years back. When the cleanup scipt runs just after midnight, the master server needs to contact the host with the DSU mounted to delete the image. We had some serious DNS issues preventing this from happening.

Stumpr2
Level 6
Nathan,
Do you still have a problem?

zippy
Level 6
Bob,

You need to remind the forum again on "point educate".

If we as helpers dont receive points we won't help.

We work for points.

JD

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified
I apologize, looks like I overlooked this one, usually I'm pretty good about it. Bob shoud know. Thanks for pointing this out though.

Stumpr2
Level 6
awww. I was gonna help anyhow. But thanks for the points. Do you still have a problem?