cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Housekeep for Netbackup Patch

Jeff_Huang
Level 3
After server patch, the mount point of NBU growth too much.
Can i remove everything under /usr/openv/pack?

What is the best practice to housekeep NBU patches?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
... I literally just moved everything except the most recent to a new location so as to allow for upgrade to 6.5.4.

These directories are used to provide the ability to 'roll-back' to previous versions. As an example the following is an extract from DOCUMENTATION: Due to design changes in the Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.0 Client Pack installer, the /u...

"...
If it is not desired to maintain the ability to roll back to a previous pack, these ... directories may be removed.  Do not remove or archive the pack.history or pack.summary files, however.  These serve as a record for what packs have been installed on the system.
..."

HTH

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
... I literally just moved everything except the most recent to a new location so as to allow for upgrade to 6.5.4.

These directories are used to provide the ability to 'roll-back' to previous versions. As an example the following is an extract from DOCUMENTATION: Due to design changes in the Veritas NetBackup (tm) 6.0 Client Pack installer, the /u...

"...
If it is not desired to maintain the ability to roll back to a previous pack, these ... directories may be removed.  Do not remove or archive the pack.history or pack.summary files, however.  These serve as a record for what packs have been installed on the system.
..."

HTH

Jeff_Huang
Level 3
Thank you