cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set up restore space on a SAN?

todis
Level 4

I need to restore quite a bit of data from our file server but don't want to restore it back to the file server. I have space on a SAN I can use but not sure what the most effieciant way to access the space would be. I mounted the LUN via iscsi (media/master server is Solaris 10) but when I go to restore and I select the master server as the destination I don't have the option to direct it to the SAN mount point. It brings up my XP machine mount points when I click the browse button. Would it be best to mount the LUN on a separate server, install NBU on it and set it as the restore destination? I'm trying to figure out what would have the most throughput. Even if I did get it to restore on the mount point on the master server it would bog the server down??? Any ideas? I'm running NBU 6.0MP4 on Solaris10 with one server as media/master server.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

todis
Level 4
Ok I think I over analyzed this. I simply put the mount point path of the SAN volume into the restore path and it worked perfectly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

todis
Level 4
anybody? bueller, bueller, bueller Smiley Happy

todis
Level 4
Ok I think I over analyzed this. I simply put the mount point path of the SAN volume into the restore path and it worked perfectly.