cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did I do this before...

Ron_Cohn
Level 6

I just upgraded to NBU 7.1.0.3 (Windows) from NBU 6.5.5.  In the NBU 6.5.5 environment, when in the Admin Console -> Media and Device Management -> Media -> Robot -> TLD (0)

When writing to a tape device, I was able to get the kilobyte count incrementing in the fragment size I specified.  In NBU 7.1.0.3, the kilobyte count does not get updated until the backup is completed.

Can someone please refresh my memory on what I had to set to make the kilobyte count increment?

Many Thanks...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The only other place I can think of is for refresh and display options - View - Options

#edit#

may be related to the default 5 minutes (600 seconds) refresh rate of the device monitor

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

You should still get the figures - if you mean that you do not see it in activity monitor as a column then right click on the main column where it says JOB ID, Type etc. and select Columns - Layout

In the pop-up that appears select the "kilobytes" and / or "KB per second" selection - click the blue box at the top with the <-> symbol to "Show" and then move it up or down to where you want it.

It can leverage the tape perf on the media server so you can run exctrlst.exe on each one (part of the resource kit I believe) to check that the tape performance counters are enabled.

Hope this was whaty you are looking for.

This can be done in any section of the console and should be retained for you as it is a per server per user setting.

Ron_Cohn
Level 6

The issue I am having is not the *displaying* of the field, but the value *incrementing* as the data is being written to the tape.  It displays properly in the activity monitor, just not is the location previously mentioned.  The value *only* changes when the job writing to the tape has completed - not in flight, which is what I am looking for.

NBU 6.x had the same issue, but I was able to change the behavior - albeit many years ago...

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

The only other place I can think of is for refresh and display options - View - Options

#edit#

may be related to the default 5 minutes (600 seconds) refresh rate of the device monitor