cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you manually run the image cleanup job in NBU 7.1?

Allan_Slavens
Level 3

I believe by default the image cleanup is run every 12 hours, is there a way to manually kick this process off from within the NBU 7.1 GUI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You cannot do it from the GUI. 

It can be done from cmd with these two commands:

bpexpdate -deassignempty -force
bpimage -cleanup -allclients

(both in .../netbackup/bin/admincmd)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

susindran_surul
Level 6

I know we can do the cleanup from command prompt and dont no wheather we have option from GUI.

From command line :-

# /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpimage -cleanup -allclients

Marianne

You cannot do it from the GUI. 

It can be done from cmd with these two commands:

bpexpdate -deassignempty -force
bpimage -cleanup -allclients

(both in .../netbackup/bin/admincmd)

Allan_Slavens
Level 3

Thanks for the replies, to confirm, both are safe to run and will only expire images that are ready?

IE) If I have piece of media with a data expiration date/time of 11/6/2012 9:33pm and I run one of the commands you listed at say 11/6/2012 2:30pm, will it actually expire that image? Do I have to specify the media ID?

What Im trying to accomplish is some space recovery as Ive started running out space on my Data Domain (VTL). Ive already changed my retention on my SLP's but I may have waited to long to do this to rectify my issue.

Thanks in advance.

Marianne

bpexpdate -deassignempty will only deassign media if all images have already expired.

If you run the command at 2:30pm, it will therefore not expire images/media that will expire after this time (e.g. 9:33pm). 

The only way to get the 9:33pm tape(s) to expire is to manually expire it with bpexpdate:
bpexpdate -d 0 -m <media-id> -force

On the other hand - I have seen bpexpdate failing when images are under SLP control...

Allan_Slavens
Level 3

Thanks Marianne!