Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure datadomain OST with netbackup

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

Netbackup : 7.5.0.5

Datadomain: DD990 & DD890

Please how do i configure the storage datadomain with netbackup?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Please have a look on Data Domain Boot for OpenStorage Administration Guide published by EMC, and follow the instructions described in it.

Data Domain Boost 2.5 for OpenStorage Administration Guide (EMC Powerlink account required)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

Please have a look on Data Domain Boot for OpenStorage Administration Guide published by EMC, and follow the instructions described in it.

Data Domain Boost 2.5 for OpenStorage Administration Guide (EMC Powerlink account required)

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

Thank you so much Yanuhisa, am reading it now. However, i realise how to configure LSU for datadomain device is not stated. Any info on this? I am also still checking on my end. Thanks again.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Maybe a good idea to ask your EMC reseller for training?

Or make use of their additional installation and configuration services?

Another useful doc on EMC site is OST_Admin_759-0005-0001.pdf (there may be a newer version by now).

It contains DD config (Creating Logical Storage Units (LSUs)) as well as NBU info.

To understand the basics about OST, see this NBU manual: http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC5188

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

Which version of DDOS are you using? In latest version, it is no longer called LSU. It is just called "Storage Unit". This is not same with NetBackup's one - it is in term of DD.To create storage unit of DD, check Data Domain Boost 2.5 for OpenStorage Administration Guide page 40 - "Creating Storage Units".

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

You can't configure the Netbackup part if the Data Domains isn't up and running.

As Yasuhisa already has pointed out, you find step by step instruction in the OST manual from EMC.

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

Thanks all for your wonderful contribution. Yasuhisa, i think you are right as per LSU. we are running OS: 5.2.1.0-331816 version. Am going to get intouch with datadomain to confirm that.

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

Nicolai, Datadomain is up and running.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Then just follow EMC OST manual. I find it quite easy to configure. The wizard in Netbackup will also work.

Ensure the DNS is working for both Netbackup media servers and EMD data domain. Use fully qualified domain names (e.g dd01.acme.com).

Dollypee
   VIP    Certified

Thank you all for your wonderful contributions. Am good now.