Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Netbackup behaviour with new files, after backup start

Hello. This is not a problem, but just a question. When netbackup create a list with files for backup? In the very beggining of the backup? Folder by folder, when the backup is just in the beggining of every folder? Or something else? What will b...

OpsCenter Server Certificate Renewal

Please assist in below issue: Problem: Certificate Renewal What are keystore file name, password, and alias?   Step #3 3. Configure your Tomcat server to use the TLS protocol along with the Java Keystore.  To do this, you must edit your Tomcat ...

Arshg by Level 2
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Keep jobs for a Month in Activity Monitor

Dear All,   I am using Veritas Netbackup 7.6.1 in operating system Windows Server 2008 R2. I am only getting 3 days jobs in activity monitor. I want to keep 1 month logs in acitivty monitor. Kindly provide the solution.     Thanks Ashish Tikari...

Resolved! NBU media package install on Hyper-v host

Hi Veritas, Can i install NBU media package on Hyper-V hosts itself and backup to tape. If possible to zone tape drive to Hyper V hosts directly, is that i need to add addition HBA or i can utilize any existing ports of the Hyper-V host, please sugg...

Netbackup domain use Publc LAN and Backup LAN

Hi Good Day! I have got a design to Implement NetBackup. Seems like bit difficult for my practical experience. The NetBackup domain consist of  Normal Client, SQL DB client, SAP client and VM client (ESX). Using both public LAN and Backup LAN. The ...

Resolved! NB 7.7.1 Java console errors Windows 2012 R2

I am running NB 7.7.1 on Windows 2012 R2 as master. It installed all of the version of the java console. I changed the c:\program files\veritas\netbackup\java\auth.conf file to have to start: * ADMIN=ALL JBP=ALL So everyone should be able to run ...

Netbackup reporting features

Attched is an image of the NBU Gui listing all the reports.  Where are the scripts that generate those reports? I'd like to be them to run on a scheduled task and tweak them abit or email on a schedule basis. I checked the goodies, but was not ab...

Kathe_F by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Customize eject and inject reports

We the vault process to eject tapes: What script can be modified to eject tapes and list which media pools the tapes were ejected from along with the tape expiration date. What parameters can be used in the script to provide the additional informati...

Kathe_F by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup Tape autoload and eject

This is my  issue which I am looking for a resolution We use the HP MSL6480 (TLD) which has 20 mailslots.  1.  If I am needing to eject 60 tapes, at a given time, how can I automate that once the mailslot is empty that netbackup will then start the...

Kathe_F by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup Tape autoload and eject

This is my  issue which I am looking for a resolution We use the HP MSL6480 (TLD) which has 20 mailslots.  1.  If I am needing to eject 60 tapes, at a given time, how can I automate that once the mailslot is empty that netbackup will then start the...

Kathe_F by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Change media id on and assigned tape

I need some assistance. This tape has data on it. The media id is not correct, it should be AK0119, the barcode is correct. The media has data and an unexpired date. I tried deleting the tape, but since it is assigned, it will not allow me to delet...

Kathe_F by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Can an lto3 tape unit recognize an lto4 drive

I just upgraded from and lto4 tape unit to an lto6 unit.  Can I use my lto4 drives from my old tape library in an lto3 tape unit. I installed the lto4 drives in the lto3 tape unit but the system does not recognize the lto4 drives.

Cannot perform backups - error codes 2009 and 4239

Hello I need help with my Symantec Netbackup version 7.6.0.1 running on a Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bits. I've a backup server with is link to an HP Autoloader through an HBA card. I've two backup politics which are Weekly and Monthly. Weekly are done ev...

Resolved! understanding bpduplicate

Hi All, I ran duplicates using bpduplicate command using BID file. I was looking at activity monitor logs. Please tell me what does this mean - What is happening at "positioning to file"? It does not come when we run duplicates manually one by ...

Resolved! About the Health check report in netbackup

Can i have the brief information regarding the Health check reports . i have questions like:- 1. what is the purpose of health check report                                  2. What the role plays in netbackup                                  3. Ho...

Resolved! NDMP

hI,    I am new to this world..of netbackup...i have an doubt is:-    NDMP is used to reduce the load on the servers. to perform backup and restore .    Technically i just want to know that ..how it works..is this works like a master and slave pat...

Labels