cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define a remote domain for AIR replication

wesptrsn
Level 3

I have just created a lifecycle policy that I want to use for AIR replication. In creating the duplication portion of the policy I want to designate the remote master for the replication but it does not appear in the Alternate Read server drop down listing.  How do I get it there? Why isn't there any documentation on this? Have I missed something?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

See Chapter 20 of NBU Admin Guide I.

Look for topics called About the domain relationship and Configuring a target for MSDP replication.

As well as:

The following topic describes how the SLPs must be named and the operations and retention type that each SLP must contain.
See “About the storage lifecycle policies required for Auto Image Replication"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6

See Chapter 20 of NBU Admin Guide I.

Look for topics called About the domain relationship and Configuring a target for MSDP replication.

As well as:

The following topic describes how the SLPs must be named and the operations and retention type that each SLP must contain.
See “About the storage lifecycle policies required for Auto Image Replication"

wesptrsn
Level 3

thanks, that's just what I needed, the UNIX admin guide I downloaded doesn't have that? So for AIR replication I must have a MSDP? We were hoping to use advanced disk as our resources are not whwt we think they need to be for deduplication and we have adequate disk space without it!

thanks again

Marianne
Level 6

AIR works with Dedupe only.  

See point 2 of AIR FAQ: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH154323

2.       What are the minimum requirements to implement Duplication to Remote Master? 
Duplication to Remote Master requires NetBackup 7.1 domains. The storage servers at the source and target domains must support OpenStorage version 11 and provide plugins to make use of Duplication to Remote Master. At the time of NetBackup 7.1 release, the Media Server Deduplication Pool (MSDP) supports duplications to remote master. The support for PureDisk Deduplication Pool (PDDO) and NetBackup appliances will be available at a later time. For third party OpenStorage devices, please contact the vendor for details on Duplication to Remote Master support.

PS: The same topic is in chapter 20 of NetBackup Administrator's Guide for UNIX and Linux, Volume I