cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to identity Status of a backup using Netbackup CLI ?

Deb_Techie
Level 4

I launch 'bpbackup' command in my program and it just gives the return code. There is no way to know the corresponding JobId.

Before I launch the next backup, I want to check the status of the Previous backup and make some decision.

'bpimagelist' command can be used with 'keyword' as filter so that I can search my backup job uniquely. Problem is, it only lists the Successful backups. 

'bpdbjobs' command can be used to list out all jobs (successful, failed, in progress) but there is no way to uniquely find the backup job because it does not support filtering the result with 'keyword' attribute.

Also Want to filter the status of individual client what I still not able to get using bpdbjobs.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Deb

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The status of backups report uses the bperror command - several switches in there and this will report on running and completed backups - take a look to see if that helps you

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

The status of backups report uses the bperror command - several switches in there and this will report on running and completed backups - take a look to see if that helps you

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Try something like:

bperror -backstat -hoursago 24 -U

The above will give you 'backup status report'.

As Mark said - many more options and switches.

Have a look at NBU Commands manual.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Please check the -w and -L option for bpbackup

-w wait until the backup has finished before returning a status code. The return code is Netbackup status code

-L log the progress of the backup in a text file.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO43639

Stumpr2
Level 6

I also like the use of the -L logfile as it gives you information that you can use well after the job has since been removed from the Activity monitor. And you can tail -f the logfile for current time information as the backup is running.

If you use

below command, it will give the error by status code

bperror -backstat -by_statcode -hoursago 24 -U