cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit drive count for a policy.

smith_jones
Level 6

I have a policy configured for NDMP. I have checked multiple data streams for that policy. 

Limit jobs per policy is not checked for now. Max jobs per client is set to 10 in master server host propertes.Max concurrent drives is set to 3 in the STU.

We have 6 drives configured.

Now when the policy is triggered - 

1 master job starts and then 4 child jobs start. Now as Max concurrent drives is set to 3, one child job goes in queue.

Now I want to limit the policy to use only 2 drives and I do not want to change the Max concurrent drives value in STU because this is a temporary requirement to do my task.

For this to understand I want to know that how many job/jobs is/are being counted here when the policy is starting -  1 (because master job is starting and then it is starting the other child jobs or streams)?  or  4 (as 4 main child jobs/streams are running which is the actual backup job running)?  or     5 (taking all 1 master + 4 childs)?

In this policy only one client is specified.

Also what will be the best practice for my temporary query? Which value to change among those we know for best practice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

1. Yes - set "Limit jobs per policy", for the policy in question, to 2.

2. Four.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Change max jobs in Policy Attributes to 2.
The default is 0 (unlimited).

smith_jones
Level 6

1.  I did not understand. there is no such max jobs in policy attribute. I am not able to get. are you talking about limit jobs per policy?

2.  For this to understand I want to know that how many job/jobs is/are being counted here when the policy is starting -  1 (because master job is starting and then it is starting the other child jobs or streams)?  or  4 (as 4 main child jobs/streams are running which is the actual backup job running)?  or     5 (taking all 1 master + 4 childs)?

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

1. Yes - set "Limit jobs per policy", for the policy in question, to 2.

2. Four.