Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resotore filesystem in NBU 6.5?

righthanded
Level 4

Hi,

I am newbie in netbackup.

I am testing disk staging for nbu 6.5. I have tried to create a .txt file and make it as a backup selection at a client. The backup was successfull. I can see the image on the disk.

Then I have deleted the .txt file at the client side to test the restore part. Unluckily, I am not able to do the restore process. I have clicked the Backup, Restore and Archive icon at the GUI. Then the warning error prompted " WARNING : server (masterserver) does not contain any backups for client (other client - not the client that Ive tested) using the specified policy type (MS-Windows-NT) as requested by client (masterserver).

Additional info :

Server A = NAS (media server)

The file that Ive created was in Server A. After backup successfull I have tried to restore but failed. My question:-

1. How do i restore the deleted file?

2. Why everytime I open the Backup,Restore and Archive session it will prompt the error? I have tried to Edit by using Specify Netbackup Machine and Policy type. I choose source and restore destination as Server A. Still failed.

Sorry if my questions are too lousy. Kindly assist!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

The main reason for the error text "WARNING : server (masterserver) does not contain any backups for client xxx" is caused by incorrect client names. E.g. the "real" client name configured in the policy is "servera.acme.com" but the name used in the BAR gui is "servera". This mean you ask for backup's for  "servera" but Netbackup has only registered backup's for "servera.acme.com" and then must reply with "does not contain any ...."

Close all restore windows and correct the client names in BAR->File-> netbackup client properties and BAR -> File -> Specify Netbackup Machines and Policy.

If the master server is UNIX/Linux you must match case as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

righthanded
Level 4

I had an exploration for a while after i post the issue. Im now able to restore the file.

Thanks All!

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Please have a look at Backup, Archive, and Restore Getting Started Guide: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH52806

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If perhaps you're running NetBackup on Windows 2008 then also make sure you open the BAR gui by right clicking and selecting "Run as administrator". Otherwise your changes to the SOURCE CLIENT details won't be applied and you'll still get stuck on which ever server was listed (the one that is giving you errors)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

The main reason for the error text "WARNING : server (masterserver) does not contain any backups for client xxx" is caused by incorrect client names. E.g. the "real" client name configured in the policy is "servera.acme.com" but the name used in the BAR gui is "servera". This mean you ask for backup's for  "servera" but Netbackup has only registered backup's for "servera.acme.com" and then must reply with "does not contain any ...."

Close all restore windows and correct the client names in BAR->File-> netbackup client properties and BAR -> File -> Specify Netbackup Machines and Policy.

If the master server is UNIX/Linux you must match case as well.

righthanded
Level 4

Now I am facing new problem. I have explore few things regarding restore. I want to restore data from Tape to Nas (disk staging).

Help me guys!

Thanks!