cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off Master Server authentication

dwmarsh
Level 3

Ok, I've messed up my master server and told it to authenticate "required".  Now, I can't start my Administrative Console.  It tells me I need to log in as a different user.  And even though I put in the "admin" user on my authentication server and use the password I have set up for it, it still won't let me in.

How can I turn this off so I can go in and figure out what's wrong with the authentication?

Authentication/Authorization server is the same as the Master server.  The service is running and I can bring up the Authentication GUI.

- Dale
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_Stockard
Level 5
Partner Certified
If your master server is a Unix or Linux computer, try editing the bp.conf file (/usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf) so that the line that reads "USE_VXSS = REQUIRED" is changed to read "USE_VXSS = AUTOMATIC".   On a Windows master server, the equivalent information is in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

John_Stockard
Level 5
Partner Certified
If your master server is a Unix or Linux computer, try editing the bp.conf file (/usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf) so that the line that reads "USE_VXSS = REQUIRED" is changed to read "USE_VXSS = AUTOMATIC".   On a Windows master server, the equivalent information is in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config.

dwmarsh
Level 3

That worked great.  Now I just need to figure out how to get everything connected up to AD so I can start authenticating that way.