cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IBM library relocation

mthahif
Level 1

Hello folks,

we are planning to relocate IBM 3500 tape library  to different hall in the same datacenter. what are the steps need to be taken from NetBackup side. 

Netbackup version - 7.1 - Linux  2.6.18-194.32.1.el5 ( robot control host)

15 linux media servers with SSO enabled

I was told, post move. library will be in the same vsan as before and there is going to be change in the IP. 

Do I need to reconfigure the library post move or will the master just pick up library configuration? 

Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

If zones are going to remain as these were - nothing should be changed... but this also depends on your media servers... If you have for instance HPUX, for them the HW path to the drive will be switch/port in switch so this will be changed on the OS level then some reconfiguraiton needs to be done. But you are linux based so everything should remain as it was... For this movement I would have put all tape drives into down state - or stopped NBU at if you can afford..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

quebek
   VIP    Certified

Hi

If zones are going to remain as these were - nothing should be changed... but this also depends on your media servers... If you have for instance HPUX, for them the HW path to the drive will be switch/port in switch so this will be changed on the OS level then some reconfiguraiton needs to be done. But you are linux based so everything should remain as it was... For this movement I would have put all tape drives into down state - or stopped NBU at if you can afford..

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

If there is no change at the SAN level you don't have to worry about anything, for netbackup its just like the Library is down until you move it to the new location. Even if you change the IP it will not affect with the NetBackup connectivity to the Library. 

As suggested by @quebek do down your drives, don't let any jobs run on those drives (they will fail) or robot.