cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Cleanup, don't like me

Carlos_V
Level 6
Hello,

Someone Knows how do i restores images expired, after ran the image cleanup process?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will_Restore
Level 6
6 REPLIES 6

Will_Restore
Level 6
bpimport

Stumpr2
Level 6
The image is still on the physical tape. When you expire an image you are only changing the catalog information on the image. The import function in NetBackup mounts the physical tape and reads the information on the tape and writes it back into the catalog. it is a two step procedure.

Step by step procedure on how to import NetBackup backup images via the NetBackup Administration Console GUI.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/278948

Carlos_V
Level 6
Hi, Thaks
But i have another problem i don't Know the number of tape. Exist some process to find the number?
Why the process Cleanup, don't show me the number when it finish.

Regards

Stumpr2
Level 6
Place the tape into the drive and then look at device monitor and it will show you the media ID of the tape that it mounted. You can simply manually insert the tape into the drive or you could use robtest.

David_McMullin
Level 6
If you have no idea of the tape you need, you are in a world of hurt. Using import to import a bunch of tapes is very time consuming.

Your best bet would be to try restoring your client catalog info and manually checking the images.

If you are on unix, I would suggest you set up a process that sends you information that you can refer to:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpimagelist -media -U -hoursago 48 -client CLIENT

I am setting up a series of these to store a list of tapes in a file for referral in a DR situation, so OPS can open a file for an application and see what tapes will be needed to restore it.

If you had this in place, you might be able to determine old tape information.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Image cleanup is a normal process that runs every 12 hours by default or at the end of a backup session. It checks for images that have expired and delete them. The image expiration date/time is determined by the retention period that you have selected when you created the backup policy. Catalog info for failed backups will also be cleaned up at the end of the backup session.

The admin and bpdbm log directories on the master server will probably contain detailed information of the cleanup. These directories do not exist by default and need to be created under netbackup/logs folder. Restart NetBackup after creating these folders.