Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import tape Netbackup 7.1

jefferson_olive
Level 2
Partner

Hello,

I have two netbackup sites: Headquarters and unity. There is only one Master Server for both sites and a media server in each site. In the headquarters site, have two robots and a storage; On the site unit, have a robot. We do not currently drive image replication to Headquarters. However, I need to take some pictures that are on tape on the site unit for robo headquarters site. I link problems, which I do via link, the time spent will be absurd. The urgency, it is possible to manually take the tapes site unit to inventory the robot Headquarters, leaving a copy in robo headquarters site?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

yes it is possible..as long as you have supported tape Drives in the other site..

if the Headquarters tape drives are supported with unity tapes... 

ship the tapes to the Headquarters and insert them in the libraty and run the inventory.

then selct alternamte media server option 

FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = <unitymedia server> <headquarter mediaserver>

for GUI

Use Media Host Override. Host Properties -> Master -> General Server -> Media Host Override.

then try restore to the client which is located in headquarers.

if you would like to do the the same for on regular basis... you can configure duplicate copy in the unity site and ship the tapes that are holding the second copy to headquaters for restore and keep the first copy in unity site it self... 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

yes it is possible..as long as you have supported tape Drives in the other site..

if the Headquarters tape drives are supported with unity tapes... 

ship the tapes to the Headquarters and insert them in the libraty and run the inventory.

then selct alternamte media server option 

FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = <unitymedia server> <headquarter mediaserver>

for GUI

Use Media Host Override. Host Properties -> Master -> General Server -> Media Host Override.

then try restore to the client which is located in headquarers.

if you would like to do the the same for on regular basis... you can configure duplicate copy in the unity site and ship the tapes that are holding the second copy to headquaters for restore and keep the first copy in unity site it self... 

jim_dalton
Level 6

Restore the data where the tapes are onto disk, tar (or similar tool per your OS eg winzip) up the files from disk to tape, send the tape:- would be the traditional old school way but may not be possible for a number of reasons. Your solution is effectively doing that by sending the NB tapes cross-site, but its wrapped up in Netbackup extras and you will probably be sending more than just the data you have to send.

If that was my only copy of data, I would seriously think about whether thats a good idea. Jim.