Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incremental / Differential backup finish error 130

blanco_adalbert
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello Everybody

I am running exchange 2010 on windows 2008 server backups from netbackup 7.5.0.5  running on solaris.

The full backup work well but the incremental and differential backups finish with the error 130. I have found lots of TN but the major pointme to the circular login feature.  This feature is disable on every exchange database.

I have found an error on the VSS microsoft exchange writer. 

Does any body know how can i solve this issue?

Is it a netbackup issue that can be resolved whit symantec enterprise support?

or is it a microsoft issue that needs to be resolved by microsoft team?

Best regards..

Error  VSS writer.png

3 REPLIES 3

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

Do you have DAG configured and taking backups from the passive node?

the best way that i have expirenced is to reboot the exchage nodes that are hosting these databases..

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

VSS errors is a Microsoft issue. Like with most Microsoft issues, these errors are normally cleared by a reboot.

You can also check MS Support site for VSS hotfixes.

To assist with troubleshooting of status 130, please copy all the text in Details tab and post here.
The details may help us to determine if this is NBU or MS issue.

Also ensure that these log folders exist on Exchange client (if DAG, all members) under ...\netbackup\logs:
bpfis
bpbkar

MSI_iqbal
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

If the problem is "retryable error" Microsoft Exchange Writer then you can restart the VSS services. And if this error consist apprearing then you have to call for microsoft support.

For the Incremental or Differential backup exchange, it is mandatory to disable circular logging in every mailbox database. Because for incremental/differential backup, netbackup will only backup a transaction log not a database.

I hope this help you.

Best regards,

Iqbal