cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info about used space?

Magnifico
Level 4

Sorry, but I cant find place where I can see how much disk space every incremental point uses and what files are backed up with every incremental. In Backup-Restore window it displays only sum of all files size and also cant see what files are backed up with every incrementa. Also should be good to see deduplication rate.

9 REPLIES 9

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

well

go to restore named Backup,Archive and Restore (button) or in Programs File -Symantec Netbackup- Backup,Archive and Restore .

Then specify sourc destination client and policy type .

then it will show the files name which u backed up

and with Size also

Hope it helps

Magnifico
Level 4

The size is for all incrementals the same, but incrementals must take less space. Also when I choose incremental point, it still displays all files, also those backed up with full backup. And deduplication rate I still dont see nowhere.

inn_kam
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Monitoring the deduplication rate

Article:HOWTO36313  |  Created: 2010-11-01  |  Updated: 2011-01-17  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO36313

Magnifico
Level 4

Yes I know that it is displayed after JOB, in status panel. But jobs information is not preserved long time after job completes. ......Also, example in Retrospect backup, in dataset window, I can see what files included into snapshots (example when I restore from snapshot, then I can previously see what files go to restore. This is also in NetBackup "Restore.Archive.Backup" window) and additionally I can see what files are actually backed up with every incremental backup.  

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

For a full listing of the files backed up you use the bplist command - there are several switches available to pin down exactly what you are looking for but should be similar to the below which searches all files backed up for a Windows policy since 1st September:

bplist -B -C servername -t 13 -l -R -s 01/09/2013 /

You would probably want to pipe this out to a file and may choose to add other switches to change the details you obtain. (change -l for -nt_files for just a listing of files without their details;

De-Duplication rate is shown in the activity monitor (you do need to add the column from the column layout but for historic backups you would need to use OpsCenter or dig through the output of the bpdbjobs command but again this only reflects what is in actvity monitor.

Hope this helps

Magnifico
Level 4

Thanx. But I understand that activity monitor shows only some activities and dont show nothing if there isnt any activity. The "OpsCenter" is good idea. I dont have installed it right now, because I have only one master server. But seems I still need it. .....but about that command line...how much NetBackup cost?....And I still need to use command-line?  :)  ....Ok, never mind, it just surprises me little, but ok, I try to learn more and finally put all to work.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

bplist gives same info as BAR. Some of us (old-school) are just comfortable using command line.
Just specify start and end date to only include Incremental backups.

Please double-check that your incrementals is actually doing incremental backups.

If you have separate policies for full and incremental schedules, they will all backup all of the data.
Full and incremental schedules must be in the same policy.

You can also check 'Client Backup Report' in the Reports section of the GUI for backup size or else from cmd:
bpimagelist -client <client-name> -d <start-date> -e <end-date> -U

Magnifico
Level 4

Thanx, I  forget this "report" completely. Must look there. Yes, I have one policy, I get this myself also that separate policies makes separate work. 

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Did you manage to get the info you were looking for?