cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install unix client from a server which is not NetBackup master ?

Gdd
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have to install unix client but master server cannot access these client in rsh, ssh, sftp nor ftp.

There is one unix server dedicated to software installation which can push and execute packages to clients - this server is not a master nor a media.

Is there some way to push an installation package from this server which is not the master one, and to execute it on the client ?

(I can build a configuration file with master, media and client names for each client)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
If you have a host, perform a part of sftp(or FTP) installation, and pick files transferred to the host. Transferred files are placed under /tmp/bp.. Copy the directory on each desired host and run client_config script. Finally, modify CLIENT_NAME line in /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf. Note that you can copy files to the hosts of same platform/OS with the original host.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
If you have a host, perform a part of sftp(or FTP) installation, and pick files transferred to the host. Transferred files are placed under /tmp/bp.. Copy the directory on each desired host and run client_config script. Finally, modify CLIENT_NAME line in /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf. Note that you can copy files to the hosts of same platform/OS with the original host.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

If you have Media CD/DVD of unix client. Share it via nfs or samba on the dedicated server for installation which you told -->mount this share from client and start installation from client.

Gdd
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Ok, but I think there are questions when you install from the CD/DVD ?

Is there an "Unattended mode" for installation ?

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

My suggesstion i think gdd first try to solve the installation problem thn let you try to unattended installation are there or not:)

Gdd
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thank you for these suggestions. 

Fisrt,  I will try the two methods... but I think the first one, without an external mount and without any parameter,  is better.

mmeeggaann
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hey guys!

Is it possible to install the clients first without a master server installed? The issue is that the master server equipment will  be in site within some weeks and we would like to start with the installation of all the clients that are an important number.
Doing something like that, can have communication problems whith the master server (at time it is  installed)?
I'm talking about an Windows enviroment.
The other option is, use a temporal master server to start with the installation and configuration of the whole enviroment, then migrate the master to the final server.

What do you think is better?

Thanks in Advance :)