cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Symantec support website messed up right now?

LucSkywalker195
Level 4
Certified

Can someone else go to http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag... and confirm that the Symantec web page is justified center and that you're unable to open cases online? I tried MS IE as well as Mozilla and am seeing the same results.

I tried to call Symantec Support 3 times and each time a helpdesk L1 picked up they transferred me back to the main helpdesk number that initially connected me to them. I asked twice for them to escalate internally and notify someone at Symantec that there's a problem with their website also. Unbelievably poor outsourced L1 services. They're usually much better than this.

Is anyone seeing the problems with their support site that I am this morning and does anyone have anyone on the US side that you contact to let them know there's a problem?

Thanks for all your help!

Luke

5 REPLIES 5

jim_dalton
Level 6

Looks ok to me, Ive gone all the way through and logged one. Makes a change! Im in the UK.

Jim

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I'm having the same problem with the site some days now. Not always but from time to time

LucSkywalker195
Level 4
Certified

It's resolved now.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Maybe - www.symantec.com is a alias to the providers listed below. So I guess that in one part of the world it could be OK but not somewhere else. I am in Europe with Crome. 

Symantec support case system is hosted by saleforce.com

nslookup www.symantec.com
Server:  google-public-dns-a.google.com
Address:  8.8.8.8

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    e5211.b.akamaiedge.net
Address:  2.16.67.29
Aliases:  www.symantec.com
          www.symantec.com.akadns.net
          migration-www.symantec.com.akadns.net
          www.symantec.com.edgekey.net

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I reported this issue this morning, so someone should be working on it.

It will only affect certain parts of the world, the UK being one of them.

Looks like it is resolved now.

Martin