cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java auth.conf Configuration

backup-botw
Level 6

I am looking to limit a few people on my team to be just tape operations folks. They will only be responsible for maybe viewing the activity monitor as well as ejecting media on a daily basis. My question is how should the ADMIN= JBP= look in the auth.conf file? I was thinking something like this, but I am really not sure on what the JBP part should look like...

userid ADMIN=AM+MM JBP=notsureonthisone

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Will_Restore
Level 6

JBP options are

BU  Allows the users to perform backup tasks.
  ARC  Allows the users to perform archive tasks. The capability to perform backups (BU) is required to allow archive tasks.
  RAWPART  Allows the users to perform raw partition restores.
  ALL  Allows the users to perform all actions, including server-directed restores. (Restores to a client that is different from the client that is logged into.) Server-directed restores can only be performed from a NetBackup master server.

If you don't want the user to have any of those privileges, omit the JBP= parameter

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Will_Restore
Level 6

JBP options are

BU  Allows the users to perform backup tasks.
  ARC  Allows the users to perform archive tasks. The capability to perform backups (BU) is required to allow archive tasks.
  RAWPART  Allows the users to perform raw partition restores.
  ALL  Allows the users to perform all actions, including server-directed restores. (Restores to a client that is different from the client that is logged into.) Server-directed restores can only be performed from a NetBackup master server.

If you don't want the user to have any of those privileges, omit the JBP= parameter

backup-botw
Level 6

Thank you for the response. I was unaware that the JBP piece could simply be omitted.