cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Details - Backupid

Kevin_O_Connor
Level 4

Hi all,

More often than not when you view a backup job in the activity monitor you'll see a lot of lines about the type of job, the client being backed up and at one point the backupid for the backup like the one below.

27/09/2012 03:10:08 - Info nbjm(pid=9312) started backup (backupid=virtora025s_1348711808) job for client virtora025s, policy virtora025s, schedule Daily on storage unit headfap217s-sc5-hcart-tld-16

The problem is I've found that while most jobs show this line some do not, don't get me wrong the backup writes data and does create a backupid as it should but the detail is not included in the job destail for some reason. I've checked for it in the catalog.

Is there any reason why this detail would be omitted from one job and not another ?

I'm seeing this on backup policies with the following config.

Policy Type : Standard

Schedule type :User Archive

Client : AIX

The reason I'm asking is because I've an excel file which uses the output of "bpdbjobs -report -all_columns" to compile a report on all backup jobs ran in the last 24 hours and I'm updating it to include the backupid, it comes in handy when duplicating jobs from VTL to ATL and it's nice to have a full picture so to speak, which we in turn can store for historical information.

Our master server is running Windows 2008 R2 x64 Enterprise with NBU 7.5.0.1

Any ideas why the "backupid" would not be listed ion the job detsails for jobs such as these ?

Regards

Kevin

4 REPLIES 4

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Chech if the jobs in doubt are parent jobs for multi streaming backups.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

Sorry, I didn't read your post well. you wrote jobs are user backups.

Kevin_O_Connor
Level 4

They're actually part of a DB2 logs backup configuration.

If you go into the Catalog and use verify to list backups for the spicific client it shows the backupid for the same job, it just doesn't list them in the job details or under "bpdbjobs -report -all_columns" for some reason.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

On my lab machine(AIX 7.1, NetBackup 7.5.0.1), I could not observe such issue.
For both vendor libaray archiveing and user exit archiving, backupid was displayed in job detail.

Can you pick up backup id from "bperror -jobid jobid" or from "bpimagelist -L" instead?