cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left Justified Number in KB column?

Genericus
   VIP   

Java Admin Console, 7.6.0.4, Killobytes column is now formatted with commas! Also, LEFT justified.

Who puts numbers left justified??

Any way to right justify these?

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

OK, I see what you're describing on the Java console, but NOT on the Windows (non-Java) console.

SEVERAL EDITS LATER: OK, this IS already logged as a defect - Etrack 3336717, with currently no resolution scheduled.  You would probably have to open a support case and reference this Etrack to try to get it fixed.  (You would probably also have to get ten of your friends to open support cases referencing this Etrack to get it fixed.)  Or you can switch to the Windows Remote Admin Console instead of the Java Console.

I guess what I'm asking is, how much does it bug you?  ;)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bmitche
Level 5

Same thing in the Non-java admin console for 7.6.1.  I love the commas though

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Long shot...

Try setting USE_OS_DATETIME_FORMAT=0 or 1 in setconf.bat to see if it make a change

CRZ
Level 6

OK, I see what you're describing on the Java console, but NOT on the Windows (non-Java) console.

SEVERAL EDITS LATER: OK, this IS already logged as a defect - Etrack 3336717, with currently no resolution scheduled.  You would probably have to open a support case and reference this Etrack to try to get it fixed.  (You would probably also have to get ten of your friends to open support cases referencing this Etrack to get it fixed.)  Or you can switch to the Windows Remote Admin Console instead of the Java Console.

I guess what I'm asking is, how much does it bug you?  ;)

Genericus
   VIP   

I have a co-worker who raised this issue - it offends his sensibilities - numbers should be right justified.

Since we do not have ANY production impact, I am not that concerned.

NetBackup 9.1.0.1 on Solaris 11, writing to Data Domain 9800 7.7.4.0
duplicating via SLP to LTO5 & LTO8 in SL8500 via ACSLS

CRZ
Level 6

For what it's worth... while my sensibilities may not be offended to the same degree, I definitely agree with your coworker.  ;)