cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Licenses for Exchange 2010 backup in Nb7

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner

Hi.. What type of license is required for Exchange 2010 backup in NB7 ? I know about Database & Application Pack but Exchange 2010 requires Snapshot backup using VSS (Perform snapshot backup in backup policy). Enterprise Client (Snapshot Client) is also required ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner

I've got answer from customer care:

"The standard database license pack with standard client will be sufficient to backup Exchange 2010 clients.
In NBU 7 because we only support snapshot based backups for Exchange 2010 we made some changes to the use of standard client and providing the backup uses the MS default provider or SFW then it will be fine.
If the customer wants any additional snapshot functionality such as IR or support for hardware based providers then they would need to purchase the Enterprise client."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

lu
Level 6
I don't think that the snapshot client is needed for 2010... I have made snapshot backups with Exchange 2003 and it has more drawbacks than normal backups. So now I don't use the snapshot client for Exchange.

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner

"Perform snapshot backup" is the only supported method for Exchange 2010.

lu
Level 6
Ok, so the enterprise client is needed

marekkedzierski
Level 6
Partner

I've got answer from customer care:

"The standard database license pack with standard client will be sufficient to backup Exchange 2010 clients.
In NBU 7 because we only support snapshot based backups for Exchange 2010 we made some changes to the use of standard client and providing the backup uses the MS default provider or SFW then it will be fine.
If the customer wants any additional snapshot functionality such as IR or support for hardware based providers then they would need to purchase the Enterprise client."