cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Sharepoint and Netbackup 6.5 question

policeman51
Level 4

Hi all,
I'm having trouble backing out our Sharepoint environment through Netbackup.  I have a support ticket open and they've been looking at logs for over 2 weeks with no resolution.
Basically when I open the BAR the Sharepoint Components are not showing up.
All of our Sharepoint servers have SQL on them as well so the servers are not split. 

Support says it's an account issue, but I've been over the account settings countless times.  Here's what I've done with the account settings:

1. Create a serice account that has Administrator previlages to Master Server, Share Point farm, and SQL server 
  2. Update the client and Netbackup Master server to either 6.5.2A or 6.5.3. then restart the servers.
  3. Under local security policy add the account that has previlages to Netbackup and SharePoint as "Replace Process level tokens.
  4. change the Netbackup Client service to start with the (above) account created.
I've even created a new VM, but sharepoint on it and did not add it to the domain to rule out any GPOs, but the Sharepoint Components still are not showing up in the BAR to be backed up.

2 REPLIES 2

se7en
Level 3
Partner Accredited
You have to inform NetBackup of the Sarepoint credentials to allow it access and display directives. 

To configure SharePoint client host properties
1 Open the NetBackup Administration Console or the Remote Administration Console.
2 In the left pane, expand NetBackupManagement>HostProperties>Clients.
3 In the right pane, select the SharePoint client(s) you want to configure.
4 Click Actions > Properties.
Expand Windows Client and click SharePoint.
Enter sharepoint admin credentials

stu52
Level 5
Make sure that all of the SharePoint clients are using the same version of NBU as the master and media servers.  We had a problem like that, but when we made sure all the versions were the same, it worked.