cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSDP Pool creation time

Brits
Level 6

hi Team, 

I am in middle of creating 64 TB MSDP pool and it is stuck in "configuring media server deduplication pool " window. How much time MSDP Pool creation takes when the drive size is 64 TB . I have selected seperate drive for deduplication database which is 3 TB approx.

8 REPLIES 8

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You are asking 'how long is a piece of string?'.

Time to create MSDP pool will depend on Media Server's hardware specs - memory, cpu, etc...

Have you gone through the MSDP requirements in NetBackup Deduplication Guide  ?

Brits
Level 6

Hi Marianne, 

I am creating storage server and seleted MSDP. The configuration is stuck in creation. Please refer the attached screen shot.

Master Server on which I am installing storage server is windows 2012 R2 , 256 GB RAM , 2.60 Ghz (2 processor)

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Netbackup version ?

I do not expect NBU 7.6 MSDP creating time will be longer for a large pool. Whats being created is the meta data structure. For NBU 7.5 its another story ....

Any disk activity for the MSDP pool ?.

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

How long have you been waiting?

Have you checked the Windows Application Event Logs for any messages?

Have you tried to determine which vxlogview commands will trace/track the 'stages' of the creation process?

Brits
Level 6

no disk activity , its newly installed Drive.

Brits
Level 6

its fixed now . I was referring the below link to configure MSDP -

http://www.settlersoman.com/how-to-configure-netbackup-media-server-deduplication-pool-msdp/

In 7.6.0.3,  it doesnot show in the same window that storage server is created successfully & also doesnot show the checkbox for creating disk pool.

We simply need to click next and then it shows storage server is created succesfully & that window also allows to create disk pool.

Sorry for the confusion , If I created.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

DOH - Well - that happens :D

Thanks for providing the update on the issue.

I have cleared the "I need a solution" flag from the thread.

Brits
Level 6

ok..thank you for help :)