cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Management

H_Sharma
Level 6

Hello Experts,

We have 8 drives with SL150 with one robot. I need to know about the media management.

I need to know how to check the tapes count which we have removed from the library with the netback command. I need to know the inventory of our tapes with how many are outside and how many are inside library.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Vault is the best way if you have a license.

Otherwise, tapes in the --- volume group  (tapes go into this pool automatically when ejected without using vault) are the ones outside the library.

vmquery command is another way - vmquery -a for example

nbemmcmd -listmedia -allrecords is another way - just look what volume group they are in

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mph999
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Vault is the best way if you have a license.

Otherwise, tapes in the --- volume group  (tapes go into this pool automatically when ejected without using vault) are the ones outside the library.

vmquery command is another way - vmquery -a for example

nbemmcmd -listmedia -allrecords is another way - just look what volume group they are in

DPO
Level 6

Is the library configured to master or media server ? Also what is the OS of server to which library is attached.

Assuming you have a linux master server and only one library attached to it, the following commands might help you.

vmquery -rt none | grep "media ID" | wc -l -- To print count of tapes outside the library

vmquery -rt none | grep "media ID" | awk '{ print $2}' -- To print media ID of tapes outside the library

vmquery -rt tld | grep "media ID" | wc -l -- To print the count of tapes inside the library

vmquery -rt tld | grep "media ID" | awk '{ print $2}' -- To print the media ID of tapes inside the library

(If I understand your requirement correctly)

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The OS is Windows.....