cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media server on Vault Session

Not applicable

Hi,

In my Vault session, I am likely to use a diskstaging for duplication on tape and that works very quickly! But, for the larger backup I use media server to thus carry out duplications, then is tape to tape. The problem is if to Vault session in choose backup and I select « Include all média server » and during the duplication the job didn’t work for the backup took use Media server Just only the diskstaging.  Have to force in “choose backup” the Media server I need. It’s normal?
2 REPLIES 2

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

hi RLPicard,

I think Im not getting the question, can you provide a little bit of more details, also the OS and NBU versions?

Thanks.

Not applicable

Hi,

My system is SUN Solaris(Solaris 10 11/06) with Netbackup server and Vault Management 6.5.

I find so bizarre Vault use only the media server from the master Netbackup but not the others. During the duplication I want to use only one Media server to do the copies. My strategy is I use diskstaging for Oracle backup PLUS all little servers and the weekend for full backup I use the Media server because it's so big for the diskstaging. Than is only the weekend i have difficulty with Vault i'm not able to duplicate the tapes.

Thanks