cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message d'erreur : Expiring: Jun 15 10:24:34 2010 GMT(cnbac.cpp:451),36:ServerNbPeer cred ...

Hassan_A_
Not applicable
je rencontre actuellement un problème de logsur le NBU Master, le système Netbackup 6.5.4 ne sesse de logguer l'entrée suivante : Expiring: Jun 15 10:24:34 2010 GMT(cnbac.cpp:451),36:ServerNbPeer cred is: "nbumaster.noc" La taille du dossier de logs est arrive a 11GB maintenant. y-a-t-il une explication pour cette entrée et comment résoudre le problème.
2 REPLIES 2

rjrumfelt
Level 6
I currently facing a problem of the NBU Master logsur, the system of NetBackup 6.5.4 does pregnancy log the following entry:

Expiring: 15 Jun 2010 10:24:34 GMT (cnbac.cpp: 451), 36: ServerNbPeer cred is: "nbumaster.noc"

The size of the log file is now happened to 11GB.

is there an explanation for this entry and how to solve the problem.

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I've never seen logs like that before - are they in messages or syslog?

There was a recent TechAlert dealing with upcoming credential expiry for NBAC users who installed NBAC many years ago - I wonder if what you're seeing is part of that? 

Look here:
NETBACKUP ADVISORY: If the self-signed certificate generated by the root broker is not updated before its expiry date - potentially eight years from its generation - any credentials issued from its associated authentication brokers may become untrustworthy and unusable because the root signing authority is no longer valid.
 http://support.veritas.com/docs/345042

The `vssat showalltrustedcreds` should show if you have something expiring in June...

If this IS the case, there is a certificate updater you can download and use with 6.5.4 to renew the certificate here:
DOCUMENTATION: Usage and syntax of the NetBackup Certificate Update Utility (nbcertupdater).
 http://support.veritas.com/docs/345043

This is only a guess - I really am not sure what your log message means without more context.  Good luck! (Bonne chance! :) )