cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating NBU6.0MP5 Master from Windows 2003 to Suse10 Platform

bbizoff
Level 3
Certified
Is there a best practice or step by step guide for this? If so, I haven`t located it.  I need a doc to indentify what to do when moving from one OS platform to another.  Thanks.

Bill
3 REPLIES 3

CSguy
Level 2
AFAIK Netbackup should not be used to try such an operation. It's purpose is to backup and restore to similar type machines/os. Not to mention backuping up windows slashes and restoring to unix slashes for pathing will not work. My suggestion would be to call Symc and see if any of their consultant type people's know if this is possible. I highly doubt regular support would even look at this.

MattS
Level 6
Why not just setup the SUSE box to be a master and transfer clients one by one.  Would just be a matter of changing the server list on the clients.  Unless you only have one tape library and/or netbackup server to use.

bbizoff
Level 3
Certified
That is what we are gonna do....build out a parallel master and move stuff over in phases.  I knew my original question was a long shot and would be alot of needless work, if it was even possible at all.  It was more of an inquiry.  Thanks.